Welcome My Dear World…!!!

This blog is just an endeavor to pen and share some episodes of my life and some waves of thoughts that hit me. Please don’t mistake that you can study me as a whole in here. I’m sorry, for I too have many things to be kept reserved either within my family schema or within my psyche. But whatever that have been scribbled in this sunless sky is true. I promise.

All the inhabitants of Mother Earth are free to view this blog and post their critics, observations and suggestions.

Here mentations are drifting into a sunless sky...and I named it “Aphorisms”….Keep reading…

--Varun



Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Om Hari Sri Ganapathaye Namah


It’s been a while since I wrote anything at all. Definitely not because of 'writer's block' this time. just my laziness was more prominent than usual.

But this incident couldn't be left unwritten. July 3rd was the date decided to formally introduce our son, Yajat to that big world of learning. His education is one big thing that makes me think a lot about these days. Looking around, I can see that the flavor of stress and competition haven't shredded from the education system. Rather, they have gained more prominence and thickness and turned out to be an inseparable integral part of today's educational system. The good amount of my thought these days is spent on googling to find some best available education possible that we can provide him. 

However it may all turn out to be as destined, the day he was going to write for the first time will perhaps be my biggest day as a parent since his birth. And I didn't want that to pass on like just another day. I wanted it to happen with his favorite elders and along with someone special that I very much wanted for the occasion. Thiruvullakkavu Temple was the place we chose for Yajat's 'Vidyarambham' ceremony. By the force of an unknown spirit that helps me to move the show, ignited a strange idea. To invite Padmasree Peruvanam Kuttan Marar.

I kept this idea only to myself until the date was decided as I was pretty sure that I didn't have the nerve to call such an eminent personality for a private event that was so low profile. That said, I had a message drafted to Kuttettan's wife, Geetha Chechy, in my mobile for approximately three months, way back when the 'Vidyarambham' discussion came in the family for the first time. Frankly, the idea to drop the plan to invite Kuttettan knocked my mind more than that to hit the 'send' button. As the date was decided I, without a second thought gave it a shot. In an hour I got a reply from Geetha Chechy saying she'll ask him and let me know. Without much delay, I understood that they will come for the function. From then on, my heart chose an arrhythmic pace and beat. To keep myself calm from this incredibleness, I kept lying to Lakshmi, Amma, Mol and myself that they may not come. For a little guy whose dad's a big fan of elephants, pooram and melam, Peruvanam Kuttan Marar's presence would the best possible opening.

On July 3rd morning, my phone rang just as we reached Thriuvullakkavu Temple. It was Geetha Chechy, to say that they both were ready and to just give them a call when its time. This added more turbulence to the way my heart beat. It was my inability to believe that Padmasree Peruvanam Kuttan Mara; a person whom I respect, admire and love from the huge crowd before him; is coming for a very private function of mine.

Suddenly, as I was waiting for them in front of Thiruvullakkavu Temple, planting my eyes to the highway from where I thought they would possibly come, I saw Geetha Chechy and Kuttettan standing in front of me. They had another usual shortcut to the temple. Their abrupt presence brought all the turbulence inside me to a standstill state, to a sort of numbness. Geetha Chechy gifted Yajat silk that was made worn by Guruvayurappan. He offered ‘Dakshina’ to Kuttettan and received  his blessings. Kuttettan and Geetha Chechy were there with us until all the rituals were done and we all came out of the temple. They literally made us feel like they were no less than one of our closest family members. Or like the third pair of Grand Parents for Yajat.

As we drove back home, Amma told, “Kuttan Marar and Achan are of the same age”. I have felt Achan’s blessings and support on various occasions where I very badly needed, through various people. During final years of school, as Jacob Sir, and then in Balettan’s form during the initial period of my employed days I have felt nuances of Achan. Also, now I felt Achan’s touch when Kuttettan and Geetha Chechy came to bless Yajat. It was only when Amma told this, I reckoned, that energy that enticed me to invite Kuttettan and Geetha Chechy could be Achan’s gesture to reach us as usual.

Parenthood is now making me comprehend how honored Achan and Amma used to feel for every small progress we made. I can see life reiterating itself. Only roles changes. I feel so indebted! Contentment it is!
Padmasree Peruvanam Kuttan Marar (Kuttettan) and Yajat






2 comments:

  1. | read with my vision blurred
    Thank you for upgrading us... to Grandparents,
    you will never know how happy you made us too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this one filled up the gap you had in writing for so long. Just too goo. HEARTWARMING!

    ReplyDelete