Welcome My Dear World…!!!

This blog is just an endeavor to pen and share some episodes of my life and some waves of thoughts that hit me. Please don’t mistake that you can study me as a whole in here. I’m sorry, for I too have many things to be kept reserved either within my family schema or within my psyche. But whatever that have been scribbled in this sunless sky is true. I promise.

All the inhabitants of Mother Earth are free to view this blog and post their critics, observations and suggestions.

Here mentations are drifting into a sunless sky...and I named it “Aphorisms”….Keep reading…

--Varun



Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Good Son

At a hospital when I once saw a father's beloved son telling his family "He's gone...” without the slightest emotional or vocal shiver made me feel cold. Cold… thinking was it for this son that father lying dead lived a whole life. There wasn't really anyone in that old man's thoughts, prayers and life other than this son who now was in a hurry to scoot the scene without extending his leaves. That man's quick surrender before death was a bonus for his 'professional' son. Anyways He played well making his journey so comfortable gifting him a feel that his son was there with him until his last breathe…

Then there was another son who had an official meeting more important than his Mom who slipped to comatose in deathbed with her days counted. The tears that rolled from that mom’s eye on her very last ‘conscious’ on earth is a memory that still burns in me. But what it taught was a lesson to keep in mind for the rest of my life…

Both those well-educated, well-employed, well-paid and well-settled sons taught me a lesson. A 'good son' is not just about keeping parents happy with the grades at school or college. A 'good son' is a helluva responsibility that's there with you from birth. A responsibility which is to be voluntarily taken. Son, not just to one set of parents through whom we came out to see the world, but to anyone who is as old as our parents. ‘Hell’, as per my understanding is a person’s home who set himself free by letting this parents to stay in an Old-age home.

I am still unaware of how can people call it a ‘duty’ or ‘obligation’ to look after their aged parents. God help them all…

No comments:

Post a Comment