Welcome My Dear World…!!!

This blog is just an endeavor to pen and share some episodes of my life and some waves of thoughts that hit me. Please don’t mistake that you can study me as a whole in here. I’m sorry, for I too have many things to be kept reserved either within my family schema or within my psyche. But whatever that have been scribbled in this sunless sky is true. I promise.

All the inhabitants of Mother Earth are free to view this blog and post their critics, observations and suggestions.

Here mentations are drifting into a sunless sky...and I named it “Aphorisms”….Keep reading…

--Varun



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Voices

I would always love the voices, sounds and all those waves of energy which is meant for our ears to obtain and that makes a smooth and mild curve of smile bearing the feel of relaxation, admiration and happiness. The first voice of that kind is that of my Amma's. The voice which always fuels me with energy and courage. The first voice of any child's life.

There’s is nothing much on the face of our planet or among the stars that can bring out the elf in me when the situations and circumstances raise its hood towards me from all directions. I would rather like to call it my life more than just a voice. 

Rather than the word "sound" I would like to address those waves as "voice" whether its from the man, machine or even if its from thin air. And some of those voices are like....

The voice of Dr. K.J.Yesudas and K S. Chitra, the ace Indian playback singers, the voice that my 350cc Royal Enfield Bullet emits from his cast iron heart, the voice of my Sir are some among those voices which bears the capacity to either hold my breath or my attention at least for a second. It’s hard to just explain the kind of affection that I have for each of these voices. It can only be said that it’s a mixture of love, craze, adoration and admiration.

I feel it to be my luck to hear those voices again and again and again even if it's for the several millionth time I’m hearing it. I often used to be called a mad guy for this reason. Because while in the midst of a serious conversation where each one in the gang shares a portion of their contribution I may just simply drift from the scene mentally, when I hear the DHUP DHUP of a Bullet or the voice of Yesudas that floats with a tune in the atmosphere surrounding me. It used to be the DHUP DHUP of a Bullet that used to immerse me in most of the cases.

Similarly there was a voice. The one which I think is the most macho among all the voices I’ve heard. It was the voice of Optimus Prime in the movie Transformers. Though, just a click away I always have had an option and chance to know about the person who owns that voice. But, for an unknown reason, unbelievably I didn’t get to do that. But each time when I watch the trailers or the various flicks and scenes of this movie I used to wonder who could that be. But never did I bother to surf the internet to know who this guy was.

But today, I felt to know about this person. Peter Cullen. He is the man who speaks for Optimus Prime. And the one who owns the manliest voice which I have so far heard. It was the way he delivered the closing monologue of the film that impressed me. I’m forced to say that the film was beautifully signed in the end by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg using his voice. It was marvelous. The beautiful words, the strong voice and the way it was delivered tantalizingly. I just loved it.

Even if I say all these voice does not mean anything and everything, Voice is a Decoration. It is a decoration only for a well pronounced language.


Here's a clip in which Peter Cullen speaks for Optimus Prime. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely perspective Varun :) I'm a fan of voices too... and I feel it matters much, and am truly taken up by those drifting sounds that sometimes catch one unawares, sometimes listening to voices that do not sound... only in the heart :) :)

    Thanks for the info on the Optimus Prime's voice. Love that movie, and most esp. this character!

    ReplyDelete