Welcome My Dear World…!!!

This blog is just an endeavor to pen and share some episodes of my life and some waves of thoughts that hit me. Please don’t mistake that you can study me as a whole in here. I’m sorry, for I too have many things to be kept reserved either within my family schema or within my psyche. But whatever that have been scribbled in this sunless sky is true. I promise.

All the inhabitants of Mother Earth are free to view this blog and post their critics, observations and suggestions.

Here mentations are drifting into a sunless sky...and I named it “Aphorisms”….Keep reading…

--Varun



Monday, March 21, 2011

Influence

“Influence” is a sort of motivational waves emitted from a person, speech, word, thought, incident, act or any other action or reaction, question or answer that penetrates to a person which then drives him for a task or an action depending on the intensity of the wave that his brain cells absorbed. This is exactly what I felt of this very word of the English language. Influence is never an imitation. It is only our version of rendering whatever we felt good when someone else executed it clinically.
To where my thoughts lead me to, Influence is the most pertinent representative for Spontaneity. It can hit you several times in a lifetime. Or even one can be his own influence. I have material facts that statement too.
Like for every kid, my father was the first one to influence me. The way he dressed, his LP shirts, his Ray-ban aviator, his driving actions, the way he pops open the green Heineken can and the slight smile that sprouts on his face as pours the beer to a glass, the way he say “right” at the end of a phone conversation were some of the various actions and conduct that was arrested deep in my mind as a kid. Even after 16 long years of his demise, when sometimes Amma comments some of my walking, standing, sitting or talking as similar to that of my father’s, I would arrogantly boast like the protagonist rendering a Renji Panicker script “That’s genesis…and that’s pedigree” adding wit to the conversation with a wink.
As I drove on the highway of life there was even more fuel stations that fueled me with some extra efficient fuel. Until my entry to the 11th grade in school, frankly speaking, I’m not able to recollect anything or anyone that ruled my heart or fueled my mind other than Adolf Hitler. My friends called me crazy for that. That was the time when ‘hitleraliasvarun@gmail.com’ came into being. For, when they all were screaming about Hrithik Roshan and Abhishek Bachan, me and Hitler were moreover a funny combination. I never complained. Then in the 11th and the 12th grade it was Jacob Sir who played a prominent role of the motivational wave’s emitter as I said in the beginning.
From then until now, there were several other people, words and factors that influenced me, making me strong enough to ride faster. One among that were the words of the former Indian President Mr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam; “As a son of God, you are greater than anything that can happen to you” which is still my Gtalk status message. Facebook wasn’t this popular those days. It was an Orkut era those days. It was Divyachechy’s and Titiksha’s(are they my best friends..?? I don’t know that. But they are my sisters…from different mothers) testimony for me in my Orkut profile that set out a spark of self revelation within me and my soul. I was literally “self-influenced” there. They pointed out to me my qualities, which I haven’t noticed at all. It was a fact that I was recognizing me better as I read that.
I don’t argue that only humans can be an influencing force. Even Souls, spirits and believes can.
But in the twists and turns happening in this ocean, there used to be some tides that misguide me. There arises my iron lady, my spirit, my Amma. She is the only one who can blow the spark in me to a forest fire which strengthens me to swim against any tide, to drive through any tough off road tracks of life.
Apart from all these, it used to give me immense pleasure when I realized that I too have influenced some of them around me. This was understood when I hear them all adding some common words when they express their gratitude…they say “It was ‘only’ because of you….thank you dear”. Thank God!! Because it’s a matter of immense satisfaction to know that I’m considered as a good person at least for some people. Not everyone may understand that. But still I feel myself alive when I find at least when one in one thousand realizes that.
During our school days and after that for the various courses joined, there used to be lots of talks on self-confidence, on how to win and so on. Is self-confidence something which can be developed by just a speech? I never believed in that kind of ‘Instant Motivation’. I don’t believe that those powerful words could protract its existence in the audience for much long. Those are just a short-lived influence, motivation or thoughts that which fail to survive in the psyche of the audience as they move out of that hall. It’s ridiculous that people can also live a 5-star life marketing Motivation and Influence.
True Influence never fades. It is a spark that brightens with every breath u takes in.
This is what Influence is FOR ME..!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The fact that u mentioned me being an influence in ur journey of life was very nice to read..a very nice feeling that i've been of some importance to somebody at some point of life...and the way u've written is beautiful..right words..well drafted...the best part in the whole thing was how u remembered some small things or may be some characteristics of ur dad...loved it...on the whole a very gud one...and what i wrote abt u in orkut is absolutely correct...u r such a wonderful son...love u bro...

    ReplyDelete