Welcome My Dear World…!!!

This blog is just an endeavor to pen and share some episodes of my life and some waves of thoughts that hit me. Please don’t mistake that you can study me as a whole in here. I’m sorry, for I too have many things to be kept reserved either within my family schema or within my psyche. But whatever that have been scribbled in this sunless sky is true. I promise.

All the inhabitants of Mother Earth are free to view this blog and post their critics, observations and suggestions.

Here mentations are drifting into a sunless sky...and I named it “Aphorisms”….Keep reading…

--Varun



Monday, February 13, 2012

The Script


Reading is always a killer effort for me. The only thing which I would enjoy reading was the sports column of The Hindu newspaper that contains the India’s victory in Cricket. I love stories like anyone else. But more that reading it to know it I would prefer watching it. I would enjoy it better when that story is rendered on a screen or on a stage.
More than the story, what I felt that makes it more presentable depends too much on the way it is told. And that is what I can call a gift. Lucky are those guys whose mind is set out free to gallop on the ocean of grass stretching from horizon to horizon, farther that they can reach and above them the beautiful sky, larger than they imagine. Where there are no borders or boundaries for imagination. The angle they choose to view and the words they utter to describe something which we might haven’t even seen.
Excavating the art in what they see not as a source of living rather being swallowed by that flame of creation for the pure but eternal joy. A story telling is not just that art of imagination. It is definitely a collection of similar minds. A good pool of people who are granted with “multiple layers of thoughts”…that’s how I would like to describe a group of that kind.
So when these people join hands there art is rendered. A cinema comes to life or sometime a drama comes down from the heaven of imagination onto a stage. But still, something that wonders me is that why are movie scripts not considered as a form of literature. That’s something unfair. Spielberg’s, Padmarajan’s, Bharathan’s, Ranjith’s, Ram Gopal Varma’s scripts and screenplay, are not at all connected to literature?
But I strongly believe movie scripts are also to be a vital part of the literature world. There was one habit that recently developed in me since I watched the movie Inception. I had this movie in my personal collection long before I was in a mood to watch it. But an ambience was something that was happened instantaneously when I got to read the entire script of movie first. Well, a new habit. Reading the entire script first and then watch the movie if and only if that script succeeds to convince you. Strange!!! Isn’t it?? Because now a days even the actors might not be reading the script. But it’s still applied with conditions. You can’t get all the scripts of the movies you intend to watch. So if the script is available then that comes in the first place.
It surely is enjoyable. I think one should try it out that way to get the clear plot of how all a story have travelled from an idea and then adding characters, conversations, lights, location, music and all…its sheer brilliance!!! Nothing else.
A script was always been a dream for me. Not to film it, but simply for a private satisfaction. But no idea if that wish will blossom some day or not. Nevertheless, I got a new habit... Reading… I’m happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment