Welcome My Dear World…!!!

This blog is just an endeavor to pen and share some episodes of my life and some waves of thoughts that hit me. Please don’t mistake that you can study me as a whole in here. I’m sorry, for I too have many things to be kept reserved either within my family schema or within my psyche. But whatever that have been scribbled in this sunless sky is true. I promise.

All the inhabitants of Mother Earth are free to view this blog and post their critics, observations and suggestions.

Here mentations are drifting into a sunless sky...and I named it “Aphorisms”….Keep reading…

--Varun



Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I don't miss...



Missing… A word that’s used quite often to relate to someone’s absence or some material possessions or may be even situations. I have often felt that there is a circle of time where this feeling, “missing” will be the centre. Let me exemplify this with a short episode of my life.
Story starts breathing when I flew down for (just) five days to attend my Dad’s death anniversary rituals in September, 2012. Though 16 long years have already flown, I never felt losing that shiver of shock and hence I can never afford to absent myself from paying him those rituals. Five days slipped off like some instant evaporating liquid gas. The day to return stood on the calendar grinning at me. I had no choice but to leave. Though just for another sixty days, leaving Mom, sister and my little nephew is inexplicably painful for a ‘big’ kiddo like me. But, then for a boss and for a job that granted this 5 days for a big satisfaction, I didn’t wait to go for the second round of thinking. Then, though I loved my job, I was very badly missing staying with my family.
Now, a year later, when I got into a job that matched my then wish to stay settled, I ‘miss’ again. Now I have my family always just 180 minutes ride away whenever I think and the weekends bear more colour. But now, I miss that travel. I miss that change which we feel so instantaneously right from the smell of the place to the colour, voice, looks of the crowd when we keep moving from one country to another. Every day of those short journeys had something to credit to my account of experiences, good and bad though I never used to differentiate them. Whatever it may be, according to me an experience is a lesson that makes to bolder. So there is no differentiation needed.
So, coming back to what was intended to say, I ‘miss’ those days. Not that now I’m done with my family so I just want to get the hell out of this. I was just observing the normal human that I’m, from a different corner. “Missing!!!” I find it to be a synonym for either man’s unstable mind or his blindness towards what is left with him or what he is rich in. We keep missing until and unless a breeze of revelation blows which is a self-realising process.
Similarly, we also hear people cursing not the person, but his/her absence. Like in my case I can say, if my Dad was alive I could reach a better position in life and so on. But, I never felt that way, though it’s obvious that at times his absence have made me feel handicapped. Normally I have two quotes which I say to myself quite often. One is A. P. J. Abdul Kalam’s words, “As a son of God, you are greater than anything that can happen to you”. This normally gear me up to catch the bull by its horns. And, once I overcome the situation Joker’s words mumbles in me, “Something that doesn’t kills you, makes you stronger.” Then I see my Dad’s proud smile when I close my eyes after overcoming the hurdle.
What I have learnt is, you lose a moments happiness when you miss something. And, when you miss a person you ruin his/her moments too. “Live in the present’s reality, not in its expectation” should be slogan for a happy life. Realise before reacting and never overreact!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment