Welcome My Dear World…!!!

This blog is just an endeavor to pen and share some episodes of my life and some waves of thoughts that hit me. Please don’t mistake that you can study me as a whole in here. I’m sorry, for I too have many things to be kept reserved either within my family schema or within my psyche. But whatever that have been scribbled in this sunless sky is true. I promise.

All the inhabitants of Mother Earth are free to view this blog and post their critics, observations and suggestions.

Here mentations are drifting into a sunless sky...and I named it “Aphorisms”….Keep reading…

--Varun



Monday, September 30, 2013

No values. No Homesickness.

A small thought flashed in me when I was standing in a store to exchange my old phone (just a year old) for a new one. That guy was checking if it was still working fine and me checking out the new phone literally like a kid who got a new toy. Then the sales guy placed a price for the oldie (which I agreed even before he told it) and happily left the place after settling the balance amount. On the way back home I saw a small kid playing with the outer case of a phone. That picture ignited my thought brighter.
We too had a time, when we used to make use of something we own until it was completely DEAD. That was not too long back. Everything we bought had a reciprocation of the value for money we spent on it. This is where we can see how acutely we have been infected by the brands and the ever-changing technologies. This have reached a chronic deep stage where one can’t resist himself from buying a new phone that’s launched or wait for it until the one he owns now is at least half utilized.
Homesickness is also en route to its destiny to be something like an imaginary emotion. Today in this big world nobody is too far from anyone. Internet is the home. Or in other words, first home and now the world is being reduced to that 5 inch (Approx.) gadget. Of course we do have benefits out of it. Nobody is alone in this world. Or on the funny side, nobody in the world will enjoy the thrill of even getting lost. I used to think, perhaps there wouldn’t be a continent in the name of America if Mr Christopher Columbus was a youth of the 21st cent. Wow!! What a world would that had been.
We have a world around. With colours several times brighter than the 16M colours on the phone we can’t live without. It has birds, trees and sky that canvas a painting several times each second and much faster than Apple or Samsung can ever think about.
That’s the reason why we all feel an extra-charged energy flowing in us from head to toe after staying a day or two somewhere in the remote where technology is yet to reach. There we are close to nature. There we express more. A small smile that’s drawn on your cheek while chatting with an old friend is elaborated to a loud laughter when you meet him/her in person.
Gadgets, technology and social networks are having a good feast eating our sentiments, values and homesickness. The word ‘Real’ is soon to find a new synonym. VIRTUAL..!!
Yes! At times we are all living a virtual life. No values. No Homesickness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment