Welcome My Dear World…!!!

This blog is just an endeavor to pen and share some episodes of my life and some waves of thoughts that hit me. Please don’t mistake that you can study me as a whole in here. I’m sorry, for I too have many things to be kept reserved either within my family schema or within my psyche. But whatever that have been scribbled in this sunless sky is true. I promise.

All the inhabitants of Mother Earth are free to view this blog and post their critics, observations and suggestions.

Here mentations are drifting into a sunless sky...and I named it “Aphorisms”….Keep reading…

--Varun



Tuesday, June 4, 2013

2 days and 2 nights at Karunagappally, Kollam.



My friend, roommate and colleague from my previous company; all three being the same guy - Deepak; was all set to furnish his life to the next level. It was his engagement.
~ June 1st
5:30 am, it was still dark. Wet roads and the dark sky, and it was too cold for life itself to feel alive. We started from our rented house at Ernakulam.
This was not the first time me staying in a company of an entirely different version of Keralites. Different version in the sense entirely different dialect, taste, orders etc. It was joyously different. I was literally enjoying though I had my usual weekend to-do list pending in my Thrissur. :)
The 6 over cricket match in the evening between his cousins with some close-to-real sledging and light moments was amazing. I was just a spectator, just to keep myself safe until the function is over the next day. Lessons learnt need to be applied when situation demands. Let that be another lesson.
~ June 2nd
In frame with the stars of the day. :)
The day!! I was also as tensed as Deepak was (But he seemed cool). Because I was the official photographer!!! I’m pretty damn sure I haven’t made it up to his expectation as it wasn’t my cup of tea by any means. But still he seems satisfied with those. May be he is being nice to me as always.
Like someone said, “Marriage is a day when two people think of their future and the rest think of food.” An engagement is nothing different. People seems like they were starving. And this was the only thing I found in Kollam, which I had seen in Thrissur, Kozhikode, Kasargode and Ernakulam. Like Srinivasan once told, “Story of humans is the same everywhere.”#Sandesham :)
With so many happy moments the function also moved smoothly. The gap granted by the monsoon mustn’t be forgotten when the credits starts rolling upwards.
Never did I feel like a guest. I was a part of it. Here ‘it’ being the family, function, fun and also the part-time umpiring for that 6 over match. Other must-mention characters are the two angels Janaki and Gouri (Deepak’s nieces). They make us feel ashamed pasting a smile on our face with their energy, when we sit tired. Kisses to both of them…
In a nutshell, at the expense of a weekend I got some real good people added to my FB friends list and to my ‘real’ friends list as well… :) Thank you all...
Congrats, Deepak and Aswathy.. God Bless..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment